Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 6 - Vulnerable

I'm going to start this post by admitting that it's being written many days after the challenge was over. I struggled with the last two days topics. Day six was supposed to be a vulnerable post. Right off the bat I felt...yep you guessed it...vulnerable. I had done so well the other five days figuring out what to write and execute that I really forgot about being vulnerable because I had the support of so many amazing people. Every time I felt unsure of what I was doing I had my blogging supporters cheering me on. I stopped worrying about what I was writing and stopped overthinking it.

When day six's email came those feelings all started coming back to me because that is how I felt about blogging before the challenge. I was worried about what people thought about me, what I was writing, and honestly giving people I didn't know a glimpse in to my life. Now that I look back on it, that's pretty dumb because if I didn't want to feel vulnerable and let people in to my life I shouldn't be blogging! During this challenge I learned to finally just let go and be me. Who cares if people don't like what I'm writing about? What if people don't like ME? Then I thought, if you don't like me or what I'm writing then you wouldn't be reading my blog!

Ahhhhh I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest :) Now I can move on to day seven!! I want to thank the amazing feel good blogging challengers who commented, liked, and read my posts. Each one of you has made me realize how awesome blogging and telling my story can be. My biggest thanks goes out to Alex Beadon. Without this challenge from you, I'd probably still be only blogging when my aunt would ask why I hadn't blogged in forever :)

Well that was my day six challenge. I hope you enjoyed it and if you did or even if you didn't..I'd love to hear from you in the comments section!!!

Much love,
Liz

9 comments:

  1. Perfection! We are all here to finally break out of our shells! Love it Liz! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Brooke! It was definitely a post written from the heart being what I found out last week...I need to stop caring what people think and it was such a great feeling once I said it out loud and typed it. Thanks for leaving a comment!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this Elizabeth! And I can completely identify with how you felt about blogging and not wanting to put yourself out there for strangers to read. That's exactly how I felt and completely agree that the feel good challenge really opened my eyes to how crazy that is (and that I wasn't alone in feeling that way!). I LOVE how you say that if people don't like what you're saying then they shouldn't be reading your blog...light bulb moment for me right there! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky :) I'm glad you were able to relate and that I'm not alone. I would have NEVER guessed you felt that way...guess we all have lots to learn about each other! Can't wait to keep following you :) Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Perfect! I definitely relate and struggled with the last two days. Congrats on getting this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lysandra, by the way...-- www.houseofvine.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lysandra :) It was something that honestly got written because of a speific situation and it was a very freeing moment. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome, awesome, awesome post! So true! Never spend your time trying to please everyone, because not everyone is going to like you...and you know what? It doesn't matter anyway! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Jennifer!! Wanting everyone to like me has always been a struggle and I have to say that this challenge has brought out a new person in me and I'm LOVING HER!!!!! xox HUGS!

      Delete