Monday, January 7, 2013

Starting with a BANG!

So today was Monday as many of you already know. What some of you might not know is that today was the first day of my new workout schedule. I don't know what it was about today and this new beginning for me, but I was beyond excited for my first workout tonight.

A friend has been going to Ellipse for a year now and has had amazing results, and I finally took her up on the offer to join her for a class. Another one of our friends came along too. I got to class and was excited to start. My excitement faded after I was already out of breath 5 minutes in to our warm-up!!!! I know....terrible right? It made me realize how incredibly out of shape I am and how far I have to go.

Tonight was all about kick boxing which I have no experience doing. Let me tell you that after the first set I could hardly pick my leg up off the ground to do what I now know is called a round kick. I could hardly breathe let alone do a jumping jack. I felt muscles I didn't know existed.

I am happy to say that I made it. I did 45 minutes butt kicking kick boxing. Even the cool down was a workout. After I caught my breath and the redness subsided in my face I thought, "that was tough but I think I can do this!"

I said goodbye to my friends and got in my car. On the way home I started to feel my arms and legs get a little shaky. The drive took forever. I got home and my wonderful husband opened the door and just smiled. I could already tell that I was going to be in some pain in the next few hours but I had no time to relax. I ate some dinner and started to prepare for a wedding consult that I have tomorrow.

I am happy to say that it's 8:00 pm and I'm all ready for tomorrow, am doing my second blog post of the new year, and I can get up off of the couch without wincing :) We'll see how I feel tomorrow!

I will leave you with a picture of my cat Bridger who was helping me prepare for my meeting. I hope everyone had a great day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment