I have to say after yesterday’s challenge I was worried that each day was going to get harder. I was quite pleased though when I saw that today I needed to tell you 10 things you may not know about me.
1. I’m adopted. I was an only child for 20 years until I met my birth mother and discovered I had two half sisters. A few years after that, I had two step brother’s join my family. I am now the oldest of 5 children :) I guess that was a few facts in one..oh well.
2. Because of the above, I’m blessed to have 4, yes 4, mothers. My birth mom, my adopted mom, my stepmom, and my mother-in-law.
3. I’m absolutely terrified to speak in front of people. The thought of it actually makes me ill.
4. I unfortunately can’t have children. I have some medical issues that prevent me from getting pregnant. My husband and I have accepted it and we have 3 fur babies that we absolutely adore and treat as though they are our children.
5. I’m deathly afraid of haunted houses, scary movies and anything that strikes fear in me. Oh and you can add roller coasters to that list too.
6. I can’t STAND wearing shoes. If I could go barefoot every day I would.
7. I dream of having an old barn some day that I can use as a reception hall, meeting place, studio and gallery for my photography. Yep…a big, old, faded barn. LOVE.
8. I used to be a singer..many moons ago and was blessed to have the opportunity to sing in Carnegie Hall with my college choir.
9. I’ve traveled to almost all 50 states and hope to check off the ones I’m missing in the next few years.
10. This 7 day challenge has pushed me to really put myself out there which is something I would have NEVER done on my own. After the initial fear wore off, I can say I am loving each and every challenge and not letting my fear win. I have met the most amazing people on this journey and also learned SO many new things.
I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit more :)
If you liked this post or can relate to any of the things above, I’d LOVE to hear from you!!! Please post a comment below :) I read each and every one of them.
Liz (That’s another little fun fact…I go by Liz :) Elizabeth Mellenthin is just a little long don’t you think?)