Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I ACCEPT!!

Today I accepted a seven day blogging challenge from Alex Beadon. She has become an amazing influence in my life and I’m soooo excited to begin this journey.

I have to say that I have started writing this post at least six different times and deleted every one of them. It shouldn’t be that hard to write an introduction to yourself right?!

So here it goes. Hi :) My name is Elizabeth, and I live in Wisconsin. I love photography, baking, traveling and spending time outdoors. I am married to the most amazing man and we have two cats and a dog. I am absolutely obsessed with vintage things and love taking outdated items and giving them a new life.

I started blogging as a way to showcase my photo shoots since I don't have a website. Since I only do photography on the side, my posts were very few and far between so I started blogging about other things going on in my life, craft projects, recipes and things like that. I guess I just really wanted it to be a place where I could share everything.

My blog started as being for my family and clients that I worked with. I guess it was also for me...to write about whatever I wanted. There sadly isn't much direction with it but I know that with time, I will get it to exactly where I want it to be :)

I'm really proud at how far I've come with finally get my nature photography out in the public to buy. It was something I had wanted to do for soooo long and I was finally given the opportunity to have it displayed in a local art gallery. Since putting up my display, I've wanted to expand my selling even more to selling online...but I haven't made that jump yet. I guess it's been out of fear that people won't actually want to buy my photography. Regardless, I'm still working on getting a site set up, working through my fear of being out for the world to see, and figuring out what my best images are.

In the end, I really just want people to enjoy seeing what I'm working on and being a part of my life...no matter how small that part is. Maybe you will see a craft project you want to try, or see a recipe that looks really good to you, or maybe you like my portrait photography and would like to work with me. No matter what, I just hope you enjoy reading what I share.

WHEW!!! I made it to the end! I hope you enjoyed my day one challenge of introducing myself and seeing a little peak in to my life. If you did, PLEASE leave a comment at the bottom :) I'd LOVE to hear from you!!!

Can't wait to see what day 2 of the challenge has in store for me! AND YOU!!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! Awesome things always happen to us outside of our comfort zones, good for you for taking the leap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda :) I'm hoping to grow and become less uncomfortable each and every day. The support among this group has been amazing!!!

      Delete
  2. Great day 1 post! There's absolutely no reason to be nervous, you did an awesome job! Looking forward to reading more posts :)
    ~Christina
    http://thedancegrad.com/feelgoodblogging-challenge-day-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina!! This has been an amazing experience so far and we are only starting!!! I can't wait to see what day 2 brings. I'll definitely be checking out your link as well :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! You have so much to share! If you enjoy the process, then that's what matters most :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Katie! I really do enjoying sharing the things I love and am passionate about. This is going to be a wonderful journey :) I look forward to seeing what you have to post in day two!!!!

      Delete
  4. Great intro, Elizabeth! From what I've seen of your pics, you have no need to worry about whether or not you'll have buyers. Just put them out there and see what happens! :) You could also consider designing a book of your nature photos in Blurb, then selling the book via their online store. Send me a message if you want more details about self-publishing! megan@picturethisps.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg :) Thanks so much for your kind words! I have been wanting to do a coffee table style book for quite some time and have even researched Blurb but never pulled the trigger. I will DEFINITELY be sending you a message this evening regarding this. Can't wait to talk to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to being brave :) Really lovely introduction!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello K Darling :) Thanks! This has been such a great experience and really put me out of my comfort zone.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete