Friday, October 5, 2012

Darting Needles 15th Biennial Quilt Show

This weekend is the Darting Needles Quilt Show. My mom will be working the bake sale so tonight she asked me to help her get everything set up. I'll post more information about the quilt show at the end of this post. My job was to make centerpieces. LOTS of them. It is being held at the Fox Valley Lutheran High School so we were setting up in the cafeteria.

Here are some of them in the works.


Here they are all complete and out on the tables.


    And this is what my poor hands looked like when I was done! I had to stuff each tube with newspaper to add fill....hence the black ink.
 


Once I finished helping getting everything set up, my mom and I took a walk around to look at all the quilts on display and some of the vendors that were setting up. Even Judy from Bungalow Quilting and Yarn in Ripon will be there!

 

Here are some of the quilts that were judged and on display.
 


 My mom likes the 3D look of this quilt. She said she has this pattern so hopefully she will make one some day. I'd love to see what she would create.
 
 
I couldn't believe the detail on this quilt and I was quite surprised at how much I really liked the green.

 
This wall hanging was amazing. It had small crystals attached all over it. You really need to see it in person to get the full effect.

 
There aren't even words to describe this amazing piece of artwork. Can you believe this is all fabric!?

 
This one was just too cute.

 
This is another one that was just amazing. From what I could tell it was made with tiny squares of fabric sewn together to make this effect. It's another one that you really should see in person.



They will also be having a raffle for the beautiful quilt pictured below. Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. The drawing is Sunday afternoon and you do not have to be present to win.




Have lunch at the Rotary Cutter Cafe in the cafeteria and then stop at the bake sale and say hi to my mom Sherry! All food is homemade and will be delicious.



This is the Boutique where you can purchase items you see above. Also, stop by one of the many demonstration tables to see creativity in action or to ask any questions you may have.


The quilt show is open on Saturday from 10-4 and Sunday 10-3 and costs $5 to get in. I hope everyone gets a chance to stop down and see all the beautiful quilts and craft creations.
 
I hope everyone had a good week and may God bless each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment