Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wall hanging craft project

I'm so happy I was finally able to do this project. Remember in my post from the day my mom and I went to Ripon? I acquired those two boxes of bolts from YDS and was able to complete the craft idea we saw at Bungalow Quilt store.

I wanted my piece to be three panels wide so I bought a roll of thin batting that cost me about $4 and fabric that was $2.00 a yard. The fabric I bought had a pattern that I loved but it was really stretchy so I wasn't sure how it was going to work.

I started by cutting the batting to fit my first panel plus about an inch and a half. Then I just wrapped it like a present; using a staple gun to tack everything in to place.






Once I had the batting stapled down I cut the fabric the same way and wrapped it.
 
 
Here is the first panel complete.
 
Then I repeated the process for the other two panels.
 
Here is the finished product :) I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just need more walls to hang all my projects on!

No comments:

Post a Comment