Saturday, December 13, 2014

Obsession Continues

I'm starting to think that maybe my obsession with thrifting is getting a little out of control. My husband would definitely agree. I've gotten myself down to only going to St. Vincent once a week. Yes, I was going more than once...don't judge.

I don't ever go with an exact plan in mind for things I want to find. I even have tried to not grab a cart when I walk in hoping that will mean I won't find any treasures that day. That only worked one time. I have more than once had to walk to the carts with an armload full and the workers just smile at me. Yup, it's happened.

Here's everything I bought on my last trip. I used to only buy one or two things each time I went, but now it's been more leaning towards more than a basketful.


 
I have a little more investigating to do with this little bowl. I'm not sure what the CP means. If someone knows anything about this symbol please let me know what it is down in the comments!!
 
 
I couldn't help myself...I had to add these adorable poinsettia shakers to my collection. 

 
The design on this china is BEAUTIFUL! I honestly would have bought the whole set if it would have been there.

 
 
I saw this beautiful frame and it immediately went in my cart. My first thought was to use only the frame for a craft project, but the more I looked at it, I loved the pastel colors of the picture and decided I'm going to leave it as is.

 
This soup mug has already been used multiple times as the Mr. loves eating ice cream out of it. The red beads are going to be used for many different things including being laid out on the kitchen table during the holidays. Once again, The Lily Pad Cottage inspired that little thought :)


 
These wooden salt and pepper shakers were brand new in the box!!
 
 
I am always on the lookout for my mom's crystal pattern because they no longer carry it in our local store. Makes me happy when I can find a piece here and there.

 
I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I got these tea cups. I loved the simple style and design, but they don't really hold a lot of liquid. I know that everything is going to make sense once I unpack it all some day :) That's what I keep telling my husband when he asks what we are going to do with all this stuff ;)
 
 
I hope you enjoyed a look at another one of my shopping trips :) There will be many more, I promise. If you have any information on any of the pieces I've found, I'd love to hear it down in the comments!!!
 
 
Until next time.
 
Much love,
Liz

6 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! I know exactly what you mean! I do this every now and then where I live as well! It's full of vintage markets and I find so many nice things that I can't stop buying because I am thinking about my next photography set up! It's so exciting and creative! I love it but at the moment my flat is so small that I don't know where I am going to put all the things I buy! Nice post! Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fedi! It's been so fun finding things I'll be able to use some day in a shoot. Right now, once I get home and photograph everything, it gets packed away right away for when we move. It's good in a way though because once I unpack it all it's going to be like Christmas!! I loved the tease of your photo shoot space :) Can't wait to see what you produce with it!!! xx Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. OOooooh.... I LOVE thrifting! You have some great finds! I need to do more of this type of fab shopping!! www.GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it addicting Karen!?! Thanks!! I find the most amazing things and there have been quite a few that I have passed up and regretted it because when I go back...they are gone :( If you do, definitely share a photo with me!!! I'd love to see what you find :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great finds, Liz!! I haven't found any good places near me to go thrift, but there's a great store in my hometown. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to doing when I go home for Christmas this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! That's too bad that you don't have any good places. I have the opposite problem! The one I go to is only a few minutes from my work lol. This week I'll proabably go twice. I also have a St. Vincent back home and it's a family tradition that all us girls so shopping there when we are home :) Hope you have a wonderful holiday and safe travels!!!

      Delete