Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Recipe ~ S'mores Bites
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that my husband and I camp quite a bit. One of the great traditions of camping is making s’mores :) I was excited to find a simple recipe to make at home when I started missing camping during this long winter.
Let’s get started :)
You will need the following:
* 7 whole graham crackers (equals 1 cup), finely crushed (I used graham cracker crumbs because I had them on hand, plus they are less work)
* 1/4 cup powdered sugar
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted (Note: Next time I’ll use less butter, perhaps 4 T. instead)
* 2 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate candy bars
* 12 large marshmallows (cut in half)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl.
3. Evenly divide crumb mixture into each lightly greased cup of a 24 cup mini muffin pan. Press crumbs down to form shallow cups.
4. Bake 4-5 minutes.
5. While that's baking, break the candy bars into the divided rectangle pieces and cut the marshmallows in half. I used a non-serrated knife.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and place one chocolate rectangle into each cup.
7. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, on top of the chocolate.
8. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Once you see that they are softened, you can turn the oven to broil if you want the tops “roasted”. DO NOT take your eyes off them. You will only need them on broil for a few seconds. I had mine on the top rack so it went pretty quickly. Once they were cool enough to touch, I pushed lightly down on each marshmallow so it completely covered the graham cracker.
9. Cool on a cooling rack. Once completely cool, carefully remove them from the pan.
Hope you enjoy this sweet treat as much as I did! It sure makes me miss camping, though. Are you a s’mores lover? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments!
Until next time.