I made these mock turtles last year and they were so good, that I figured I better make them again and share the recipe with you :) You may have seen these on Pinterest, as that is where I found the idea ( I swear you can find anything and everything you could possibly imagine on there). The part that drew me to these is how EASY they are to make! My husband loves turtles, but they look so complicated to do it the “proper” way that this was a perfect solution.
Let’s get started!
You’ll want to preheat your oven to 350.
1. Put the pretzels on a baking sheet. I lined mine with parchment paper for easier clean up, but you don’t have to. I bought Snaps as they are much easier to work with and help keep the caramel and chocolate from oozing all over the place.
Make sure that you space them evenly so you’ll have room to add the pecans without touching the other pretzels. Don’t want to get burnt from the caramel or melting chocolate!!
2. Place one Rolo candy on each pretzel. A HUGE time saver is to by the rolls at the checkout instead of the bags. Less for you to unwrap :)
3. Put them in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes. They will look slightly shiny, but they shouldn’t lose their shape.
4. Take them out of the oven and place a pecan on top of each Rolo candy. I select complete pecan halves, as they look more presentable than broken pieces:) Yes, I may be slightly OCD lol.
Gently push the pecan into the Rolo. You don’t have to push too hard, just enough to flatten the Rolo and not so much that it completely goes through the other side.
7. Let them cool at room temperature. You can put them in the fridge to cool completely if you're in a rush :) I actually put mine outside because it was cold enough and there wasn't room in the fridge! I'm a little impatient and wanted to take pictures of them...don't judge :) Just make sure that if you put them in the fridge that you take them out an hour before you are ready to eat them so they can soften.
Here are some fun shots with a few more thrift store finds. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this quick little treat :) I'd love to hear what you think down in the comments!!!
Until next time.