Thursday, August 30, 2012

Just the beginning

We look forward to this day every year...the day we head up to my dad's land up north. This year marks our 5th Annual Labor Day Celebration. We have a group of friends that have joined us every year which makes it even more special.

On our way up to the land we saw lots of wildlife including a coyote standing on the side of the highway. There were lots of geese and turkeys as well. We were so happy to finally make it to the land after a 4 hour drive.
Miss Aayla watching Mike fish
It was nice to see the water level down as it makes it so much easier for the
kids to make it across, plus we have our island to sit on during the day!

Mike's small mouth bass he caught and released.

Do you see what I see?
 
I couldn't believe that as we were walking around down by the water and talking that this bald eagle happened to be sitting in a tree not too far from us. I was able to get pretty close before he flew away.
 
 









 

On our way home I had to take this picture of the almost full moon...it was so pretty. We did see a hawk, a porcupine, a deer and a rabbit on the drive back to my dad's. It sure was the night for the wildlife to be out!!!
 
I look forward to all our friends coming tomorrow and I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment