Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weekend away

I have been looking forward to going back home to see my family since Christmas. It was a beautiful day on Thursday for the drive. We made it home pretty late so went right to bed to get ready for our weekend of fun.



I spent time photographing all the flowers that were blooming in the house.  It made it feel a little more like spring!



Friday morning we got up early to do a little shopping before my lunch date at 12:30. There is the cutiest shop called Top Drawer Boutique in Phillips, WI, that I would highly recommend you visit.  I found two really cute outfits, a long maxi dress and a reversible skirt. They are perfect for the spring weather coming up!


I have to confess that I have a weakness for shopping at thrift stores.  One of the stops I have to make when we are in Phillips is St. Vincent de Paul. I always seem to find something. I rarely go there looking for anything and, if you ask Mike, we rarely need the things I find :)  This trip was no different.  I got a large serving bowl, two small pudding cups that I'm going to use to photograph food, and a lantern.







After our shopping trip I headed to Harbor View to meet my friend Terese for lunch. We went to high school together many....many...many years ago.  It was great to catch up with her and meet her son.  He is SOOO cute and has the most amazing blue eyes. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of him, but hopefully next time we get together the snow will be gone :)  There was a family that had flown in and landed their plane on the ice.

I took the long way back to my dad's so I could drive past Flemings Rapids.  The first thing I saw was some bufflehead ducks right along the shore. Unfortunately, after taking two steps towards them, they all flew away.  It was pure luck that they turned and flew right over my head . I continued to walk out on to the bridge when I saw five deer walking out on the ice. They seemed frightened but didn't run away. There were also geese swimming right by the bridge.  It was great to see so much wildlife!


After that I stopped at my grandma's for a quick visit. She has all kinds of jars in the basement and I found an empty one to photograph with only light from a small window in the concrete wall.  I think it turned out pretty well.


Grandma's dog, Janie
Once I got home, I took more pictures of things around the house and we went for a walk.





Then it was supper time. My dad made AMAZING homemade pizza.  


Wow . . . that was one of my longest posts yet, I think!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment